Featured Post

On Waiting for God

Life Lesson Our homeschool Bible lessons have led us now to John’s gospel. The girls and I are taking this beautiful book in small, s...

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Three Years With Miss Firecracker!

Miriam--July 2005

Miriam--July 2008

You've come a long way, baby! And what a ride!

This child is non-stop--a climbing, running, chatting, giggling, wiggling, twirling, dancing firecracker! And we love every minute of it. (At least most of the time. I admit to being tired--read, wiped out--often by her bedtime.) She is so very full of life, and what a blessing that is!

Miriam turned three today. In her own words, "I am big now. Now I can have gum!" So her sisters gave her some. She swallowed two pieces and spit a third out in the yard where it will inevitably find its way to the bottom of someone's shoe or bare foot, or worse, into someone's hair while somersaulting. We may wait a little while longer on the gum.

The day was full for little Miriam. She got to go out for breakfast alone with her daddy. She got a balloon at the restaurant and learned (the hard way) about helium and gravity. Her balloon is now on its way to the moon.

Then there were a few presents to open. She loved this hobby horse. I got it through a friend about 2 months ago and hid it away in my closet. I mean, I thought it was well hidden. It was behind my luggage with my wedding dress hanging in front to cover it up.


She unwrapped it, rode it around awhile, and then met me in the kitchen. "Look, Mom! Now I have a horse like yours!" she said. "Like mine? Where's mine?" I asked, a little absent-mindedly. "In your closet!" she informed me. So much for my great attempts to conceal anything from this toddler-sleuth. Boy, are we gonna be in trouble later...


After that, we visited the fire station and she got to drive the truck.





The firefighters at Station 8 ROCK! These guys are awesome. We had such a great time! We learned about fire safety, and what the different trucks and tools are for. We saw the full gear of the firefighter and heard him talk through his mask. And we got to sit in and on some really big, shiny trucks. Thanks, Station 8!


After lunch and naps, we took our Elmo cake to the park for lots more fun.



Our friends, the Jacksons, met us there for some
cake and fun play time. Miriam has a special friendship with "Doc-Doc," and it has been so sweet to watch that grow over the last 3 years.




Miriam with her cake. Miriam and Jane hiding in the boat.



Zac, Emma, and Amber at the tire swing. Miriam climbing up. Miriam jumping on the bridge.



Somersault race begins (even Jill's in it!) Jill on the "grass." The end of the somersault race. Kendall won.



As the sun sets, we all tire out. I think Kenna's pretty wiped out.

Miriam with "Doc-Doc" 2008. Looking back to 2005.


Didn't I tell you she'd come a long way?

Happy Birthday, beloved Miriam!

No comments: